Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Heart speak

I love poetry. I call it " heart speak". Often a poem can speak volumes with few words. Truth abounds in poetry. Here is one I enjoy for the truth it speaks:

If thou couldst empty all thyself of self,
Like to a shell dishabited
Then might He find thee on the ocean shelf
And say:"This is not dead,"
And fill thee with Himself instead
But thou art all replete with very thou
And hast such shrewd activity
That when He comes He says:"This is enow
Unto itself: 'Twere better let it be
It is so small and full, there is no room for Me."
-T.E. Brown

The more we empty ourselves, the more He fills us. If I did not own a thing on this earth....
I would still have Him. And if I have Him - I have everything.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Lord, let me never be so full that there is no room for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on that one, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete